Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, this site may be rewarded credit or commissions from qualifying purchases – at no cost to you. Thank you for helping us keep the wheels rolling.
Camping doesn’t mean you can’t have great tasting meals. It’s even better if they are super easy to prepare and serve. Check out the first installment of our new series of great campfire breakfast ideas (other than just frying up loads of BACON!)
Campfire Breakfast Ideas
Each of the recipes in this new series requires simple ingredients and simple tools or supplies. We are all for dishes that use just 1 pan or a few ingredients to make them great. They also pair well with our great campfire coffee!
1-Pan Egg & Potato Scramble
This is one of the easiest campfire breakfast recipes out there. It is also one of the most customizable. We start with the basics and you just add whatever you like. This will easily feed 4-5 people. (You can easily make this in your RV kitchen or on a cookstove – if you really want to…)
- 10 Eggs
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- 2 Large Peppers
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 TBsp Butter
- Chop the potatoes, peppers and onion into uniform pieces.
- Scramble eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Melt 2 TBsp butter in your cast iron skillet.
- Add the veggies to the skillet and cook over the fire until the potatoes are soft (usually 20 – 30 minutes).
- Add the last TBsp of butter and let it melt into the veggies.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and allow them to completely cover the vegetable mix.
- Cover with a lid or tin foil to allow to cook thoroughly.
- Add your choice of extra ingredients such as cheese, tomato and avocado. (Maybe some of that frying bacon from above?) You can also splash ketchup, sour cream or hot sauce on top.
Stay tuned for our next installment of great campfire breakfast recipes.